10 quick anxiety relief techniques from cognitive behavioral therapy that are simple coping skills, reduce anxiety fast, and can instantly help you feel more calm.
0:00 – Intro & Disclaimers
1:09 – Get ready to use these skills
1:38 – Get grounded
4:41 – Make friends with your anxiety
6:31 – Change your body’s chemistry
9:12 – Stop fighting your thoughts
13:17 – Opposite action
14:22 – Use a coping skill
17:39 – Do something you love
18:53 – Recharge
19:38 – Remember your why
20:28 – Get help
21:46 – Long term treatment
Want to talk to Dr. Ali Mattu? Join the call in show by filling out this form: /
Special thanks to Elizabeth S., Tyler D., Anna H., Arnt J., Collin P., Evan A., Imran M., Sam D., Ryan L., Sophie Y., Ahmed Y, Israel P., Neuro Transmissions, Eric E., Eve P., Lauren K., BrainCraft, Aaron F., Samuel H., Marisa H.,Tae T., Steve M.,, Bryan T., Nicky C., Samuel A., Anton T., Jennifer C., Shanda W., Saleem H. P., Sri S., Alex N., Denise J., Emily W., Samar, Lars B., Pipitchy, Emily, Troy C., Alexandre V., Jose, Julie, H., Rebecca E., Mariana D. M., Karl S., Cesalie S., Greg M., Christy, BobC, Sam, Lena F. H., Andrey V. M., and Sya R. for making this episode possible! Learn how you can help me make The Psych Show and get exclusive behind the scenes access in return at .
* All of my videos on anxiety treatment:
* Depersonalisation disorder: the condition you’ve never heard of that affects millions: s
* The dive reflex: Q
* How to get better sleep at night: I
* Writing About Emotional Experiences as a Therapeutic Process: f
* When Is Seeking Safety Functional? Taking a Pragmatic Approach to Distinguishing Coping From Safety: 7
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► u
Facebook ► w
Instagram ► u
Patreon ► w
Email ► [email protected]
Website ► /
THE PSYCH SHOW! Creating mental health videos that educate, entertain, and empower! Produced, written, and edited by clinical psychologist Ali Mattu, Ph.D. All videos are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute clinical advice.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: .
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: .
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit .
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room